CADWorx Plant 2016 New Features and Functions: Overview
New Features and Functions added in CADWorx Plant 2016
Items added or updated with CADWorx Plant Professional 2016 Software:
- You can manage control over specific configuration settings, piping rules, and miscellaneous settings through the CADWorx Plant Setup dialog box. Local user references control any settings that the configuration file does not contain. For more information, see CADWorx Plant Setup Dialog Box in Setup, Configuration Settings, Piping Rules, and Miscellaneous CFG content.
- You can update the length of components that contain variable lengths with the Variable Component Length Assignment Rule. For more information, see Variable Component Length Assignment.
- You can control when components in a drawing update if that drawing has incompatible components with the Incompatible Component Actions rule. You cannot change the data or update any incompatible component in a drawing. You can only update components compatible with the current version being used. For more information, see Incompatible Component Actions.
- You can place Location Points in the drawing with Isogen Supplemental.
- You can turn updates on or off for Variable Component Length and for Topworks in the Apply Change Data Rule.
- You can set the SKEY for a selected OTAP with the SETOTAPSKEY command.
- Upgraded the Setup_Profile utility to provide access to all CADWorx modules installed on your machine, and allow you to modify the AutoCAD Vertical Product and Version to which CADWorx deploys.
- You can define end types and Isogen symbols by connection point in user shapes.
- Updated specification component architecture to support any end-type combination for any component added to your specification. Previously, unsupported end-type combinations for particular components such as THRDxTHRD Relief Valves, mixed end-type Unions, and Clamped end-type components cause a ProgramCode 0000 condition, preventing placement of these components. This enhancement now supports any combination needed.
- You can edit the properties of pipe support assemblies and the pipe support parts by using the CEDIT command or double-clicking a pipe support.
- You can create pipe support assemblies in your drawing and save them to the drawing, a project, or a pipe support libraries file.
- New dialog boxes provide additional control on Isogen drawings output:
- View Extraction dialog box
- Collect Data dialog box
- You can launch I-Configure and the Symbol Editor from the Isogen Panel.
- Enhanced the formatting of spool, weld, and mark numbers going out to and returning from Isogen and .pcf file when you use the Repeatability functionality. Previously, the software removed leading zeros on Isogen out, and Isogen style prefix formatting on the way back into CADWorx when using the Repeatability functionality. This enhancement removes these limitations.
- You can run Bill of Material schedules on pipe supports. Use the following commands: PSCBOMSETUP, PSCBOMCUT, PSCBOMTOTAL, PSCBOMSINGLE, PSCBOMEXPORT, and PSCBOMDELETE.
- Combined the Pipe Support Report with the Pipe Support Bill of Material Export.
- You can view Quick Start Videos from the CADWorx Plant menu. Click Plant > Quick Start Videos.
- CADWorx Plant now supports usage of AutoCAD Associative Dimensioning on CADWorx component geometry.
- You can route sloped pipe using the centerline distance or the projected distance.
CADWorx Plant Professional 2016 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions: Listing
- CADWorx 2016 Specification Editor Enhancements
- CADWorx 2016: Increased Control Over Project Settings
- CADWorx 2016: Auto Router Enhancements
- CADWorx 2016: Silent Deployment Installs
- CADWorx 2016: Enhanced Pipe Supports – Basic Configuration
- CADWorx 2016: Enhanced Pipe Supports – Simple Assemblies
- CADWorx 2016: Specification Editor Enhancements – Material Assignment
- CADWorx 2016: Enhanced Pipe Supports – BOM Export
- CADWorx 2016: Fixed Bolt Lengths
- CADWorx 2016: ISOGEN Updates
- CADWorx 2016: Specification Editor – Import/Export Functionality Explored
- CADWorx 2016: Setup Profile Updates
- CADWorx 2016: Specifications – Material Assignment Setup