CADWorx Plant 2017 New Features and Functions: Overview
- Have you ever wanted ISOGEN to draw rev-clouds around your changes?
- What about needing adjustable height pipe shoes?
- Do you need to model realistic sanitary clamps?
- Do you have a need for custom User Shape groups beyond 1-5?
- Have you ever wanted your custom data to go into your ISOs?
- And more…
CADWorx Plant Professional 2017 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions: Listing
- CADWorx 2017: What’s New
CADWorx Plant 2016 New Features and Functions: Overview
New Features and Functions added in CADWorx Plant 2016
Items added or updated with CADWorx Plant Professional 2016 Software:
- You can manage control over specific configuration settings, piping rules, and miscellaneous settings through the CADWorx Plant Setup dialog box. Local user references control any settings that the configuration file does not contain. For more information, see CADWorx Plant Setup Dialog Box in Setup, Configuration Settings, Piping Rules, and Miscellaneous CFG content.
- You can update the length of components that contain variable lengths with the Variable Component Length Assignment Rule. For more information, see Variable Component Length Assignment.
- You can control when components in a drawing update if that drawing has incompatible components with the Incompatible Component Actions rule. You cannot change the data or update any incompatible component in a drawing. You can only update components compatible with the current version being used. For more information, see Incompatible Component Actions.
- You can place Location Points in the drawing with Isogen Supplemental.
- You can turn updates on or off for Variable Component Length and for Topworks in the Apply Change Data Rule.
- You can set the SKEY for a selected OTAP with the SETOTAPSKEY command.
- Upgraded the Setup_Profile utility to provide access to all CADWorx modules installed on your machine, and allow you to modify the AutoCAD Vertical Product and Version to which CADWorx deploys.
- You can define end types and Isogen symbols by connection point in user shapes.
- Updated specification component architecture to support any end-type combination for any component added to your specification. Previously, unsupported end-type combinations for particular components such as THRDxTHRD Relief Valves, mixed end-type Unions, and Clamped end-type components cause a ProgramCode 0000 condition, preventing placement of these components. This enhancement now supports any combination needed.
- You can edit the properties of pipe support assemblies and the pipe support parts by using the CEDIT command or double-clicking a pipe support.
- You can create pipe support assemblies in your drawing and save them to the drawing, a project, or a pipe support libraries file.
- New dialog boxes provide additional control on Isogen drawings output:
- View Extraction dialog box
- Collect Data dialog box
- You can launch I-Configure and the Symbol Editor from the Isogen Panel.
- Enhanced the formatting of spool, weld, and mark numbers going out to and returning from Isogen and .pcf file when you use the Repeatability functionality. Previously, the software removed leading zeros on Isogen out, and Isogen style prefix formatting on the way back into CADWorx when using the Repeatability functionality. This enhancement removes these limitations.
- You can run Bill of Material schedules on pipe supports. Use the following commands: PSCBOMSETUP, PSCBOMCUT, PSCBOMTOTAL, PSCBOMSINGLE, PSCBOMEXPORT, and PSCBOMDELETE.
- Combined the Pipe Support Report with the Pipe Support Bill of Material Export.
- You can view Quick Start Videos from the CADWorx Plant menu. Click Plant > Quick Start Videos.
- CADWorx Plant now supports usage of AutoCAD Associative Dimensioning on CADWorx component geometry.
- You can route sloped pipe using the centerline distance or the projected distance.
CADWorx Plant Professional 2016 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions: Listing
- CADWorx 2016 Specification Editor Enhancements
- CADWorx 2016: Increased Control Over Project Settings
- CADWorx 2016: Auto Router Enhancements
- CADWorx 2016: Silent Deployment Installs
- CADWorx 2016: Enhanced Pipe Supports – Basic Configuration
- CADWorx 2016: Enhanced Pipe Supports – Simple Assemblies
- CADWorx 2016: Specification Editor Enhancements – Material Assignment
- CADWorx 2016: Enhanced Pipe Supports – BOM Export
- CADWorx 2016: Fixed Bolt Lengths
- CADWorx 2016: ISOGEN Updates
- CADWorx 2016: Specification Editor – Import/Export Functionality Explored
- CADWorx 2016: Setup Profile Updates
- CADWorx 2016: Specifications – Material Assignment Setup
CADWorx Plant 2015 New Features and Functions: Overview
New Features and Functions added in CADWorx Plant 2015
Apply Change Data Rule Updates
- You can turn updates on or off for Layer/color in the Apply Change Data Rule. You can change the updates in the Pipe Rules section of the CADWorx Plant Setup.
Male and Female Threaded Needle Valves
- You can create threaded needle valves with male threaded by female threaded ends.
Routing Mitered Elbows
- You can route mitered elbows using the Miter Elbow Buttweld elbow type or from the component List. Make sure your specification has a Mitered elbow,click Route, and then select elBow type on the command line to receive the Mitered Elbow Buttweld option.
Cross or Tee with Reducer
- You can now insert a cross and a tee with reducers. The software bases the size of the component on the connected branch of the other component. Use the Branch tab to set the Straight Tee/Cross + Reducer option. Then, set the Apply Branch Table Rule to Automatic for CADWorx to check the branch table and provide the Cross + Reducer and Tee + Reducer options.
- You can create skewed piping and set a maximum angle for the skew with the Apply Skew Pipe Maximum Angle rule. Set the Apply Skew Pipe Maximum Angle rule in the Piping Rules of the CADWorx Plant Setup. The setting you set here determines the maximum angle allowed when drawing a skewed pipe. ClickRoute, and then select sKew on the command line to draw a skewed pipe.
ISOGEN Configuration Panel
- You can use the ISOGEN Configuration Panel in I-Configure.
Override Custom Data
- You can type a value in Default Value of the Custom Data tab in the CADWorx Spec View palette to override the custom data from the Specification Editor. If you set up custom data with the List option, you can select an item from the Default Value to apply it as an override.
Select List of Custom Data
- You can select from a list of items when editing custom data in the Component Custom Data dialog box accessed in the Component Edit dialog box. You can also do the same in the Custom Data dialog box accessed in the Global CEdit dialog box. To accomplish this, you must create custom data using the newList option available in the Specification Editor.
Short Description for Material List
- When setting up a user defined material list in the ISOGEN Configuration panel, you can now use the attribute name -80 to display the short description column with text wrapping when running ISOGEN Out.
Curved Piping ISOGEN
- You can generate isometric drawings for curved piping by setting the Threshold in ISOGEN Configuration to greater than 0. Generate these drawings by creating an adjustable bend, setting the ISOGEN Data dialog box SKEY to PB** (** designates a valid ISOGEN end type), and then running ISOGEN Out or ISOGEN Batch.
SYSVIS Updates for Taps
- You can turn visibility of TAPs on or off in the system layer with the SYSVIS command.
Swage End Type Descriptions
- The software allows descriptions of end types for swages. Set the PipeDescriptionCat variable to 1, 2, 5, or 6 for swage end types to display on the long description.
Change Size Updates for Tees
- You have more options when you use CHANGESIZE to change the size of a tee.
O-Lets on Tangents
- You can insert O-Lets on the tangent of a bend or an elbow.
- You can move and connect Socket and Threaded components to straight buttweld components. The software automatically deletes all extra welds.
Copy Nozzle Generic Attach
- You can now copy the nozzle generic attachments with the applied xdata.
Custom Data in MSSQL Database
- The software now includes the custom data fields in the MSSQL database.
Deletion of Steel Components in Database
- You can delete all components or not delete all components with SDBAUDIT.
Repeatability Return in Isogen Configuration Panel
- You can now enable the Repeatability return report in the I-Configure ISOGEN Configuration Panel. This feature was controlled by the RepeatFile option in the previous version of I-Configure. Enabling the repeatability report defines start and split locations for consecutive ISOGEN outputs. Set theISOGENSetting variable to control the import of the repeat file data. The number of sheets then adds to the ISOGEN Data dialog box.
CAESAR II 2014 Compatibility
- You can use CAESAR II 2014 when exporting a CADWorx model to CAESAR II. Set the version of CAESAR II in the CAESARIIVersion variable.
Specification Editor Enhancements
Bolt Part Numbering
- You can add bolt length tables and bolt diameter tables to the Size Tables folder using the options Add Bolt Diameter Table and Add Bolt Length Table. To set the part numbering in the Specification, select the bolt length and bolt diameter tables in the Specification Properties.
End Prep Part Numbering
- You can add end prep tables to the Miscellaneous folder with End Prep Table on the Add Table panel. To set the part numbering for end prep, select the end prep table in the Specification Properties.
ISOGEN Symbol End Types
- You can select the ISOGEN symbol for end types in the New and Edit Component Pane.
Added New Schemas in Descriptions
- You can use the index code table fields, the OD_RED_SIZ_TBL, and the DESCRIPTION_CMP_TBL schemas in your long, short, tag, and part number description formats.
Select List for Custom Data
- You can create a pull-down list of items for custom data.
Multiple Rating and Classes
- You can add Component Class, Temperature Rating, and Pressure Ratings for Start, End, Branch 1, and Branch 2 end points for components.
AutoCAD Plant 3D Import Improvements
- Improved the import of the AutoCAD Plant 3D specifications and catalogs.
CADWorx Plant Professional 2015 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions: Listing
- CADWorx 2015 Webinar Series – Part 1 of 3
- CADWorx 2015 Webinar Series – Part 2 of 3
- CADWorx 2015 Webinar Series – Part 3 of 3
- CADWorx 2015 Hot Fix 1 Overview
CADWorx Plant Professional 2014 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions: Overview
Items added or updated with CADWorx Plant Professional 2014 SP1
ISOGEN Continuation Graphics
- You can now view continuation graphics when running ISOGEN. Set the ISOGENContinuation GraphicsCount variable to value from 0 – 3 for the amount of continuation graphics you want to view when running ISOGEN.
Nozzle Generic Attach
- You can now draw a generic nozzle image to position where a nozzle might appear in the drawing with the Nozzle Generic Attach command. The command added required intelligence of nozzle attachments to improve the overall application of the option. You are able to route from this nozzle for ease of use. This new drawing also registers in ISO drawings.
Alphanumeric Characters in ISOGEN Spool, Mark, and Sheet Number
- You can now use alphnumeric characters in the spool, mark, and sheet number in the ISOGEN Data dialog box.
Spec Editor Enhancements
- Attach or Detach Custom Data on a model
- You can now turn your custom data on and off using the Attach Field to Components check box in the New Field dialog box. This functionality allows for the data you create to not display in your model, BOM, or database. This functionality gives you full autonomy over your custom data information.
Items added or updated with CADWorx Plant Professional 2014
Dynamic Pipe Supports
- You can now use dynamic pipe supports in CADWorx. This functionality is intelligent and allows you to change pipe supports in the drawing with either a plus grip; or by using the Replace Pipe Support option. You can also now create tee supports. All functionality for creation of supports and data has been moved to the Spec Editor.
Center of Gravity Consolidation
- You can now use a single dialog box to perform and receive center of gravity (COG) calculations for all components. In the newly consolidated COG dialog box, all items are calculated and the software generates a report listing each component with a total weight and COG location. You can add additional COG points to the model to accommodate the non-CADWorx objects as well.
Enhanced Bolt, Gasket, and Weld Displays
- You can now view enhanced views of bolts, gaskets, and welds for better real world displays of a model.
Branch Component to a Reducer with a Grip
- You can now route a branch off of a reducer with the newly added routing plus grip. This accommodates vent drains and instrument taps.
CADWorx 2014-to-CAESAR II 2013 Capabilities
- You can now use CADWorx 2014 to interface with CAESAR II 2013 for your workflow projects. The interface was improved to include the latest release of CAESAR II.
Custom User Field Enhancements
- You can now add Custom Data in the Specification Editor to all tables and to all project information. This information can then be seen in many areas of the software, including the following:
- CEDIT and GCEDIT
- Live Database
- Bill of Material
- Filter in line isolate
New Line Isolate Enhancements
- You can now use the line isolation feature to invert a selected isolation, as well as to create filtering schemes using the Line View Isolation Properties Manager. With this manager, you can create specific isolation schemes and save them for later use. You can assign a new Configuration Setting,LineViewIsolationSettingsFile, to use one of these filtering scheme files as a default for the drawing.
- You can enable the RepeatFile feature in I-Configure or Project Manager to have CADWorx retain the original numbering for BOM, welds, and sheets when running an Isometric drawing. When modifications are made, the repeatability feature enables CADWorx to output the same drawing as previous with the modifications added.
- OrthoGen for CADWorx is a new offering from Intergraph. You can now generate the orthographic drawing based on a configuration selection directly inside of CADWorx with the click of an icon.
Apply O-let Minimum Spacing Rule
- You can now apply a new rule in CADWorx to control the placement of O-lets and Couplings preventing the overlap of welds.
Generic Attach Enhancements
- You can now define the Bill of Material (BOM) mark point and the Center of Gravity (COG) location after running a Generic Attach.
Generic Attach for Nozzles
- You can now add required intelligence to any position in a CADWorx model using the Nozzle Generic Attach feature.
Changes Review for Database
- You can now specify to have information that changed in a database highlighted on the model when you synchronize the model by setting the SyncOnStartUp variable in Configuration Settings to Synchronize With Changes Review. This functionality simplifies the approval and review of changed data.
Spec Editor Enhancements
- Formulas in the User Fields
- You can now use formulas within the catalog in CADWorx 2014 user fields.
- Import and Export LD, SD, TAG, PN Schemas
- You can now save and reuse schemas for Long Descriptions, Short Descriptions, Tags, and Part Numbers using the new Import and Export features that appear within dialog boxes.
- Component-Level LD, SD, TAG, and PN Descriptions
- You can now add descriptions down to the component level.
- Custom User Field Enhancements
- You can now add Custom Data in the Specification Editor to all tables and to all project information. This is significant in that now custom data can be added at the component level.
- Import SmartPlant Reference Data Specs
- You can now import Smart Plant Reference Data specification and use them directly in CADWorx 2014. This functionality allows you to develop projects with Smart Plant, PDS, or CADWorx, and use the same specifications. Create catalogs for these specifications upon import of the specifications.
- DBCODES table with Index added to Catalog Editor
- You can now create new DBCodes and IndexCodes, as well as import existing DAT files. Add these codes to any Part Number Schema.
- Copy Records from Specifications
- You can now copy component records from one specification to another or within the same specification. Use this copy/paste feature to save time by producing one record and then copying it to all specifications necessary.
CADWorx PLANT Professional 2014 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions
- CADWorx PLANT Webinar – ECE Design Free Industry Catalogs
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Overview
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 1
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 2
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 3
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 4
- CADWorx PLANT Webinar – CADWorx & Weld Mapping
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 5
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 6
- CADWorx PLANT 2014 Webinar Series – Installment 7