Visual Vessel Design (VVD) for Pressure Vessel Design
Visual Vessel Design is a comprehensive pressure vessel, shell and tube exchanger, and boiler design and analysis software. Visual Vessel Design is currently used by multiple refiners, oil companies, EPCs, and independent consultants for both onshore and offshore applications.
Visual Vessel Design has a comprehensive collection of dimensional and physical properties that minimizes manual entry of values and helps streamline data entry.
Visual Vessel Design allows the designer to easily perform a highly optimized tube layout by offering true flexibility in accommodating tube patterns and passes of all kinds.
The utilization charts provide the user with instant feedback on the utilization of each component. With Visual Vessel Design, users have immediate insight into the maximum utilization of each component in selected vessels.
Visual Vessel Design includes a material library with data for more than 3500 different materials referenced to the ASME, BSI, EN and NGS standards.
External Loads Module
This feature allows for the calculation of the loading on the support and the foundation loading for all load cases and for all types of support, including skirt, leg, bracket, and saddle support.
External loads can include seismic loads, wind loads, dead loads, live loads on platforms, acceleration loads, nozzle loads, and blast/explosion loads.
Visual Vessel Design generates reports that are data-rich and can include graphical elements and equations, with utilization charts, which additionally provides an instant overview of the calculation results.
Codes & Standards
Visual Vessel Design is a global package with a strong emphasis on European codes and standards; including EN13480, AD 2000 Merkblatt, EN13445, PD5500, TBK2, and TKN. It also includes ASME Section VIII, Div. 1 for true international code flexibility.
General Arrangement (GA) Drawing Module
The GA Drawing module lets users easily select drawings and tables that you want to include in your GA Drawing. It then saves the drawing in both an AutoCAD® DXF file format and a PDF file format.
2D & 3D Drafting Utility
Visual Vessel Design can easily provide visualization of the design in both 3D and 2D with all components at their proper location relative to the global base coordinate system.
The 2D drawing module allows single components, complete vessels, or any selected groups of components to be drawn on the screen or printed to scale. The included 3D modeler allows users to easily recognize dimensional input errors as they occur.
Advanced Flange Design
Visual Vessel Design includes the sophisticated flange design methods from EN1591 and EN13445 Annex. This enables users to easily design both standard and non-standard flanges that can take into account external loading and the effect of thermal expansion. This method also determines the flange rotation, deflection, and calculates the minimum required bolting torque.
- 2D Integrated Vessel Drafting Utility
- 3D Drawing Utility
- Flexible Input – The input section can be set up to display sketches and information to guide the user through the design process.
- Flexible Printout – can include all sketches, equations referenced to the standard, and values put into each equation. All intermediate calculation results can be included in the report, and the report can be stored in PDF file format.
- Utilization Charts – provide an instant overview of the calculation results.
- Integrated Databases – includes more than 4,000 materials and dimensions for flanges, pipes, and bolts.
- Report Generator Including:
- Weight & volume
- Tube Layout
- Center of gravity
- MAWP new and cold
- MAWP hot and corroded
- Minimum required test pressure
- Maximum test pressure allowed
- Bill of material
- Foundation loading
- NDT requirements
- Impact test requirements
- Nozzle list
- Nozzle loads
- Utilization charts
- Tube Layout
- External Loads Module – Calculates the loading on the support and the foundation loading for all load cases and for all types of support, including skirt, leg, bracket, and saddle support. External loads can include seismic loads, wind loads, dead loads, live loads on platforms, acceleration loads, nozzle loads, and blast/explosion loads. The loads, shear forces, moments, and deflection can also be plotted alongside the length of the vessel.
- VVD Code Assistant offers help on technical issues.
- Section sensitive on line help
- Almost any type of vessel geometry can be accommodated, including tall towers, rectangular and spherical vessels, and multi-chamber jacketed vessels and shell and tube heat exchangers.
- Extensive code checks:
- EN13445-European Standard for “Unfired Pressure Vessels.
- ASME Section VIII, Div.1 for “Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels.
- PD5500-British Standard for “Unfired Fusion Welded Pressure Vessels.
- TBK2-Norwegian Standard “General Rules for Pressure Vessels.
- TKN-Swedish Standard “Tryckkärlsnormer.