Let me start with CADWorx is STILL the #1 AutoCAD Based Plant Design Solution on the Market and #2 is not even close! With the Release of CADWorx 2016 today, I would like to personally thank all our competition for predicting the demise of CADWorx back in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and still today in 2015. I wasn’t surprised when I heard the rumors back in 2010 & 2011: “This is the last version of CADWorx” but with the 2016 release just around the corner (last week) I was surprised to hear the following the other day from a perspective customer:
“We were just told by someone down here in Louisiana that there will be no further releases of CADWorx“.
I’m always shocked by this sort of sales (scare) tactic especially now that CADWorx 2016 is released but I do understand the pressures of the Dealer Channel and the difference between focusing on multiple products verses a single solution.
The Plant Design Market is a support intensive market. Deadlines are real and deliverables need to be satisfied in short order. When you need help, the answer is not “YouTube”, a forum post or a general AutoCAD or Inventor Support Rep. Granted, these are nice things to have at your fingertips but what you really need is a “live” person that speaks and understands the Plant Design Software as well as your Plant Design requirements.
We hope that our “Live” person support and our ECE Support Desk Platform that houses a massive amount of content fits the bill:
- Instant Answers: Get solutions fast with the built-in live search feature. Simply type in an expression in the search box and it will display all relevant articles from the Knowledge Base.
- FAQs: Find answers to frequently asked questions about our products and services.
- Tech Notes: Find white papers and solutions to technical questions on CADWorx, CAESAR II, PV ELITE, GT STRUDL and the rest of our software lineup!
- Support Tickets: Submit a support ticket to contact the ECE Support team. When you log into the ECE Support Desk, you will find a tab called “My Tickets”. Here you can find all of your previous and current tickets. In addition to that you are able to view, reply to, or close tickets directly.
That said, we are always looking for ways to improve so just drop me a line if you need anything!
With the Release of CADWorx 2016, the following enhancements and updates were added to CADWorx:
- AutoCAD 2016 Compatibility
- Administrative Permissions for Projects
- Material Assignment Enhancements
- Specification Enhancements
- Pipe Support Enhancements
- User Shape Enhancements
- Silent Deployment Installs
- Support for Networked Equipment Data Files
- AutoRouter Enhancements
- Isogen Updates
- Content Updates
- SR Fixes
And much more…
As we gather more information, ECE will followup with more information in the form of Webinars, Training Videos, Workshops and Demonstrations. Let us know if there is something specific you would like more information on!
When People Talk, Great Things Happen!