Over the past few years, Autodesk® and its Dealer Channel have made some very surprising moves in the marketplace.
- Someone you know has purchased a AutoCAD® Vertical or “Suite” at a “sweetheart deal” only to realize maintenance costs skyrocket the second year
- Someone you know has tried to downgrade from a AutoCAD® Vertical or “Suite” because they don’t need all the tools only to realize that is nearly impossible given the costs involved
- Someone you know has calculated the total cost of ownership in relation to the new Desktop Subscription only to realize it’s going to cost a lot more money in the long run
- Someone you know has been offered by the Channel to “Invest” in Perpetual Seats ‘before they disappear’ as opposed to the Desktop Subscription because the Dealers know the truth too
It appears that Autodesk has clearly underestimated the amount of dissatisfaction created in the market with these recent policies. It seems Users are finally ready for a change especially given some of the contentious negotiations taking place in the market.
But in the end, are we stuck with Autodesk® and AutoCAD® for all CAD Tasks?
Over the years, we have all seen many competitive products to AutoCAD®. Everyone remembers IntelliCAD (which still exists today in some form or fashion) and Generic CADD on our DOS Computer. Most AutoCAD® competitors have either disappeared, reside in a niche markets or are barely surviving. None to date have flourished because they have all lacked the functionality in some form or fashion to overcome the barriers of change needed to displace AutoCAD® at any significant level.
Can Companies find an AutoCAD Replacement with the overwhelming properties needed to change?
At a minimum, the product must have the following:
- Rock-solid with a highly active development team
- Same functionality as AutoCAD®
- 100% DWG compatibility
- Low or non-existent transition costs.
But to really overcome all barriers, the replacement package must have the following:
- A price point that provides such a significant savings that the software can not be ignored
- The functionality to leverage the home grown assets every company has including Block Libraries, Drawing Templates, etc.
- The ability to leverage existing Document Management Systems, LISP Routines, VBA Routines, .NET Managed Code with little or no conversion efforts.
- The ability to act seamlessly as a complimentary CAD Seat in any organization in order to build confidence and displace AutoCAD without injecting “change” or “concern” in the organization.
BricsCAD: A True AutoCAD Alternative
With BricsCAD you really do get more for less.
- 100% DWG compatibility. Period.
- Reasonable Pricing and perpetual licensing!
- BricsCAD TV – free online tutorials and demonstrations
- Free eBook– BricsCAD V16 for AutoCAD Users
- Complete Feature Comparison
Are you tired of exorbitant pricing and stringent licensing policies of Autodesk? Do you require a full-fledged CAD software that will leverage your existing assets and product .dwg files natively at a very low cost?
Download a copy of BricCAD and give it a try. Let me know what you think,