Throughout the history of the common plugins ECE develops there were a few missteps along the way, because you can’t always hit a winner when you’re trying to reach the moon. Today we’d like to unveil a few of our moonshots that didn’t quite make the mark:
- F/AWorx – Dumb name, we used STRESSWorx instead.
- DAMN,ITWorx – Built to emphasize the user to try the Worx plugins. Scrapped due to the heavy handed sales effect from advertising.
- JEFFWorx – Built to provide compelling(overwhelming) advice to the user, but scrapped due to the plugin swearing too much at the user.
- PANDAWorx – Made to show animated pictures of pandas while routing CADWorx Pipe. While initially successful in some global markets, the lack of product awareness forced us to stop development.
- CATWorx – Made to show animated pictures of cats while routing CADWorx Pipe. While initially successful with the Technical Support Manager at ECE, the lack of product awareness forced us to stop development.
- TIMEWorx – Made to take the entire Worx Plugin Suite, and install to the user’s computer in the past before installing their selves and realizing the benefit of the plugins. Scrapped due to causality effects in the timeline. And licensing issues.
- BROWorx – Built to encourage users to go to the gym and get “buff” during regular intervals from CADWorx. Users would be locked out their session and encouraged to enjoy the healthy benefits of physical activity. While initially successful with ECE’s Josh Travis, the lack of product awareness forced us to stop development.
- LUNCHWorx – Developed in the mindset that we could use StarTrek era holographic technology to beam users a cheese sandwich out of their disk drive when using the CHEESEME command in CADWorx. Scrapped due to most users not using an optical drive.
- 5MINWorx – Automatically sends an email, “Hey man, In 5 Minutes I got this,” when the plugin analyzes your work product, design speed, and general motivation and uses data heuristics to conclude that you do not have this in 5 minutes, in fact you probably don’t have this in a day, and when you finally do have to show something it will require multiple revisions to make it even applicable to the current project. Scrapped due to hardware sourcing to enable the motivation algorithm.
- DREAMWorx – Using state of the art Neuroprosthetics, we would utilize your dreams to enable CADWorx pipe routing from your mind directly, to remove travel times to work entirely. Scrapped due to too many dreams not about piping, and too explicit to discuss here.
- HUSBANDSTRESSWorx – Built to enable you to take your stress on your significant other and channel that energy towards CADWorx pipe routing. Scrapped due to the invasion of privacy concerns mostly.
- WIFESTRESSWorx – See HUSBANDSTRESSWorx
- BOMWorx – Branding change to MTOWorx – due to the fact that we don’t want to say BOM in an airport.
- DATAWorx – Might actually happen but we have reserved the name for something excellent.
- JUSTWALKINANDPUSHABUTTONWorx – Was built to enable the user to just walk in, palm slam the keyboard, and get functional isos, orthos, and other project deliverables. Scrapped due to lack of product awareness. Who wants this?