CADWorx Plant 2015 New Features and Functions: Overview
New Features and Functions added in CADWorx Plant 2015
Apply Change Data Rule Updates
- You can turn updates on or off for Layer/color in the Apply Change Data Rule. You can change the updates in the Pipe Rules section of the CADWorx Plant Setup.
Male and Female Threaded Needle Valves
- You can create threaded needle valves with male threaded by female threaded ends.
Routing Mitered Elbows
- You can route mitered elbows using the Miter Elbow Buttweld elbow type or from the component List. Make sure your specification has a Mitered elbow,click Route, and then select elBow type on the command line to receive the Mitered Elbow Buttweld option.
Cross or Tee with Reducer
- You can now insert a cross and a tee with reducers. The software bases the size of the component on the connected branch of the other component. Use the Branch tab to set the Straight Tee/Cross + Reducer option. Then, set the Apply Branch Table Rule to Automatic for CADWorx to check the branch table and provide the Cross + Reducer and Tee + Reducer options.
- You can create skewed piping and set a maximum angle for the skew with the Apply Skew Pipe Maximum Angle rule. Set the Apply Skew Pipe Maximum Angle rule in the Piping Rules of the CADWorx Plant Setup. The setting you set here determines the maximum angle allowed when drawing a skewed pipe. ClickRoute, and then select sKew on the command line to draw a skewed pipe.
ISOGEN Configuration Panel
- You can use the ISOGEN Configuration Panel in I-Configure.
Override Custom Data
- You can type a value in Default Value of the Custom Data tab in the CADWorx Spec View palette to override the custom data from the Specification Editor. If you set up custom data with the List option, you can select an item from the Default Value to apply it as an override.
Select List of Custom Data
- You can select from a list of items when editing custom data in the Component Custom Data dialog box accessed in the Component Edit dialog box. You can also do the same in the Custom Data dialog box accessed in the Global CEdit dialog box. To accomplish this, you must create custom data using the newList option available in the Specification Editor.
Short Description for Material List
- When setting up a user defined material list in the ISOGEN Configuration panel, you can now use the attribute name -80 to display the short description column with text wrapping when running ISOGEN Out.
Curved Piping ISOGEN
- You can generate isometric drawings for curved piping by setting the Threshold in ISOGEN Configuration to greater than 0. Generate these drawings by creating an adjustable bend, setting the ISOGEN Data dialog box SKEY to PB** (** designates a valid ISOGEN end type), and then running ISOGEN Out or ISOGEN Batch.
SYSVIS Updates for Taps
- You can turn visibility of TAPs on or off in the system layer with the SYSVIS command.
Swage End Type Descriptions
- The software allows descriptions of end types for swages. Set the PipeDescriptionCat variable to 1, 2, 5, or 6 for swage end types to display on the long description.
Change Size Updates for Tees
- You have more options when you use CHANGESIZE to change the size of a tee.
O-Lets on Tangents
- You can insert O-Lets on the tangent of a bend or an elbow.
- You can move and connect Socket and Threaded components to straight buttweld components. The software automatically deletes all extra welds.
Copy Nozzle Generic Attach
- You can now copy the nozzle generic attachments with the applied xdata.
Custom Data in MSSQL Database
- The software now includes the custom data fields in the MSSQL database.
Deletion of Steel Components in Database
- You can delete all components or not delete all components with SDBAUDIT.
Repeatability Return in Isogen Configuration Panel
- You can now enable the Repeatability return report in the I-Configure ISOGEN Configuration Panel. This feature was controlled by the RepeatFile option in the previous version of I-Configure. Enabling the repeatability report defines start and split locations for consecutive ISOGEN outputs. Set theISOGENSetting variable to control the import of the repeat file data. The number of sheets then adds to the ISOGEN Data dialog box.
CAESAR II 2014 Compatibility
- You can use CAESAR II 2014 when exporting a CADWorx model to CAESAR II. Set the version of CAESAR II in the CAESARIIVersion variable.
Specification Editor Enhancements
Bolt Part Numbering
- You can add bolt length tables and bolt diameter tables to the Size Tables folder using the options Add Bolt Diameter Table and Add Bolt Length Table. To set the part numbering in the Specification, select the bolt length and bolt diameter tables in the Specification Properties.
End Prep Part Numbering
- You can add end prep tables to the Miscellaneous folder with End Prep Table on the Add Table panel. To set the part numbering for end prep, select the end prep table in the Specification Properties.
ISOGEN Symbol End Types
- You can select the ISOGEN symbol for end types in the New and Edit Component Pane.
Added New Schemas in Descriptions
- You can use the index code table fields, the OD_RED_SIZ_TBL, and the DESCRIPTION_CMP_TBL schemas in your long, short, tag, and part number description formats.
Select List for Custom Data
- You can create a pull-down list of items for custom data.
Multiple Rating and Classes
- You can add Component Class, Temperature Rating, and Pressure Ratings for Start, End, Branch 1, and Branch 2 end points for components.
AutoCAD Plant 3D Import Improvements
- Improved the import of the AutoCAD Plant 3D specifications and catalogs.
CADWorx Plant Professional 2015 Webinar Series - New Features and Functions: Listing
- CADWorx 2015 Webinar Series – Part 1 of 3
- CADWorx 2015 Webinar Series – Part 2 of 3
- CADWorx 2015 Webinar Series – Part 3 of 3
- CADWorx 2015 Hot Fix 1 Overview