Connecting project resources to CADWorx™ databases enables them to consume project data and satisfy a wide variety project requirements.
CADWorx™ does a fantastic job connecting and exchanging data between drawing files and a databases while increasing drafting features and functions when connected to a database. However, it is up to the user to consume the data.
DBWorx provides a user friendly project/facility database interface for stakeholders like designers, engineers, procurement, project managers, operations, maintenance, and inspection.
Users have easy to use controls to query and then bulk export/import their data to Excel worksheets. In this way project team members work within the Excel environment knowing that changes can be imported back into the database and viewed by everyone.
DBWorx empowers user to take control of process, mechanical, electrical, structural, and project management data on CADWorx™ projects.
DBWorx for Diagrams
- Automates drawing annotation
- Creates and standardizes worksheets, lists & reports (Line , Equipment, Instrument, etc.)
- Queries, filters and reports information to Excel
- Exports data to Microsoft Excel and imports changes
- Captures data changes with date and approved by stamps
- Shows design progress and quality
- Compares data between diagrams and 3D models
- Produces equipment and instrument datasheets from the same database
- Enter component pricing and totals overall costs
- Secure project data by setting user access rights
- Attach supporting files/documents to diagram symbols
DBWorx for 3D models
- Generates piping and steel material take offs by by querying and filtering and exporting to Excel
- Compares piping models and report differences
- Compares 3D models against a diagram database or Excel Line lists to find discrepancies between them.
- Updates components with a part numbers
- Creates purchasing requisitions and exports them to Excel
- Finds and replaces long and short description text strings
- Imports component pricing and totals overall costs