DOT Product DPI8 OverviewSpecificationsVideosBrochures/Factsheets
Dot Product DPI8 Handheld Scanner
The Dot Product DPI8 is a handheld 3D scanner running Phi.3D Software all on a Standard off-the-shelf Tablet combined with attached Sensor. The DPI8 is the tool for capturing As-Built conditions in tight places or locations where setting up a full blown scanner is impractical.
- Tablet-based, 8-inch. Runs off internal battery.
- Instant data capture and review.
- Export to all major formats.
- 16 or 32 GB storage, good for up to 5000 scans.*
- Connects via USB, Wi-Fi or 3G.
The most advanced real-time 3D capture software platform for mobile devices.
Phi.3D runs on your mobile device and turns a stream of RGB-D or LIDAR data into a consistent accurate 3D model in real-time.
Phi.3D Software Overview
- Dimensionally accurate color point cloud mapping.
- Instant colored 3D model creation through SLAM technology.
- Real-time markerless camera tracking.
- Real-time quality data feedback and review.
- Lossless, cloud-optimized 3D-scan compression* (.DP file format).
- DP files supported by ReCap™, RealWorks™, LFM™, CloudCompare™
- DP format r/w accessible through DLLs.
- Compatibility with PTS, PTX, PTG and PLY output formats.
- Relocalization, place-recognition and append-capability.
- Full 6-dof, mm-accurate indoor positioning.
- Phi.3D 3rd party access through an API (coming soon).
- All processing locally on host – no cloud or desktop needed.
Software: Phi-3D 2.0 Technology
- Realtime markerless camera tracking.
- Full 6-dof mm-accurate indoor positioning.
- Instant colored 3d model creation.
- Realtime occlusion maps.
- Relocalization and place-recognition.
- All processing on tablet – no laptop needed.
Hardware: DPI-8 System
- Screen Size: 8 inch.
- Device Size: 23 x 27 x 8 cm.
- Interfaces: USB, WiFi, 3G.
- Capacity: 16 GB or 32 GB.
- Export Formats: PTS, PTX, PLY, PTG, Cyclone™,E57
- Sensor Range: 60 cm to 4 m (2 to 12 ft.) / 1 to 6 ft (SR version)
- Op. Temperature: 5 to 33 deg C (41-91 F).
- Horizontal FOV: 57.5 deg.
- Point Density: ≤ 1.7mm at 1m distance. / ≤ 3.4mm at 2m distance.
- Power Supply: Using tablet battery.