CAESAR will automatically save 10 copies of a file to the backup folder on your computer for the version of CAESAR II that you currently have installed. Each time you save a file, the last 10th copy is overwritten. When you run an analysis, the file is automatically saved. This backup folder is persistent – if you remove CAESAR II from your computer, the backup folder remains and does not get deleted.
Over time, the size of this folder grows to a point that you may actually have performance issues when CAESAR II accesses this directory in order to create a new backup file. Here’s a quick speed tip to archive the CAESAR II backup folder and re-establish the original installation conditions:
- Open up Windows Explorer, and navigate to the following directory (For CAESAR II 2014 Installations): C:\ProgramData\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR II\7.00\
- For CAESAR II 2013 Installations: C:\ProgramData\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR II\7.00\
- For CAESAR II 2011 Installations: C:\ProgramData\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR II\6.00\
- For CAESAR II 2016 Installations: C:\ProgramData\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR II\8.00\
- There should be a folder called “Backup” in this directory. Create a new folder called “Archive Backup” in the same directory.
- Copy the contents of “Backup” into “Archive Backup”.
- Verify that the contents of “Backup” are in “Archive Backup” and then delete the contents of “Backup”
- That’s it!
Make yourself a reminder to periodically move contents from “Backup” into “Archive Backup”.