CAESAR II Automatic Customers Shipments Will Be Starting Next Week!
CAESAR II 2016 Released and shipping October 22, 2015. The newest version of CAESAR II 2016 (8.00) has been released and will be shipping shortly to our current customers.
New Features and Updates Include the following:
Note: For a more detailed description, see the “What’s New in CAESAR II 2016” when your new software edition arrives.
Piping Code Updates
- ASME B31.1 2014 Edition
- ASME B31.3 2014 Edition
- ASME B31.8 2014 Edition
Wind/ Seismic Code Updates
- NBC Wind Code Standard, 2010 Edition
- NBC Seismic Code Standard, 2010 Edition
- ASCE 7 Wind Code Standard, 2010
- IBC Wind Code Standard
- ASCE 7 Seismic Code Standard, 2010 Edition
- IBS Seismic Code Standards, 2012 Edition
Equipment Code Updates
- API 560, 4th Edition
- API 610, 11th Edition
- API 617, 8th Edition
- API 661, 7th Edition
Piping Input/Hanger Support
- Added Addition Hanger Manufacturer Data
- Improved the Classic Piping Input to display a Pressure 3 value on the interface.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Added easier access to third-party tools for better modeling and evaluation from the CAESAR II main menu to generate more accurate SIFs and K factors. Compare multiple file results, assess the sensitivity of your model elements, and evaluate nozzle/branch connections with NozzlePRO.
Load Case Editor
- Redesigned the Static Analysis – Load Case Editor to improve the user’s experience and add more robust functionality when creating and revising load cases for analysis.
- Added functionality so you can minimize the Distance dialog box while remaining in measuring mode in the piping input.
- Updated the Snap to Nearest Node functionality when measuring from piping elements to other DWG piping objects, such as imported CADWorx models.
- Added the ability to measure multiple distances in the Distance dialog box and see all of your measurements at once.
- Added rotation functionality for S3D or SPR graphics (VUE) model when importing it into CAESAR II using theS3D/SPR Model option in the piping input.
- Enhanced the S3D/SPR Model functionality so you can now open zipped VUE files (ZVFs) and Stitched VUE files (SVFs) from the Load S3D/SPR Model dialog box.
- Added the ability to filter by line numbers from the 3D Plot (Options > Graphical Output) in the Static Output Processor.
- Improved the speed of modeling with new single- and multiple element-level right-click menus containing frequently-used commands.
- Added the ability to view only node names on the 3D model by selecting a new option on Node Number drop-down box in the piping input.
- Updated the CAESAR II Quick Reference Guide with dates and information for all piping and wind/seismic code editions supported in CAESAR II 2016.
- Updated portions of the user documentation to the latest Intergraph PPM standards for formats, which included adding more white space and indentation for field property formats.
- Added a comprehensive glossary of terms to the CAESAR II User’s Guide to improve understanding of the documentation.
If you are an ECE CAESAR II customer with up-to-date maintenance or a current lease, the media will be automatically shipped to your company. Unfortunately, 50 run users will be required to purchase another 50 runs to update to the newest version. Contact your sales representative at ECE Design for more information.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help.
When people talk, great things happen!