As CADWorx Plant Users continue to move from ISOGEN Project Manager to SmartPlant I-Configure for setup of ISOGEN Styles, we have found that the old Project Manager PipMan directories don’t always get cleared out of the listing. In fact, they continue to be shown in the listing in a beautiful shade of Pink.
Unfortunately, SmartPlant I-Configure does not provide an easy way to remove this legacy data.
SmartPlant I-Configure and the Registry
The root cause of the issue is that SmartPlant I-Configure is being to efficient. It is finding your old PipMan Directories (Styles) in the Registry where the old Project Manager stored them. To remove them you need to use the Registry Editor to remove the unwanted directories.
Use of the Registry Editor can easily cause your Windows installation to become unusable. Do so at your own risk, and only if you are quite confident you know what you are doing. Call your IT Staff to assist if needed!
Close any open sessions of I-Configure and Project Manager.
- Open the Registry Editor (REGEDIT) and navigate to the HKCU (HKEY_CURRENT_USER) hive.
- Open the SOFTWARE hive, then scroll down to the VB and VBA Program Settings hive.
- Open to the PipManV2 hive.
- Right click the hive and choose the Export option.
- Save the resulting file with a .REG extension to a safe backup location.
Click the IsoDirs directory. In the right-side pane, you will see a list of entries that are named V2Iso*.
- Delete the unwanted keys.
- Restart I-Configure. The unwanted Project Manager PipMan Directories should be gone.