For our users who have both CAESAR II 2016 and FEATools V2.0, there is a utility that allows FEATools to read the 2016 *.c2 file format. Previously, FEATools V2.0 only worked with CAESAR II 2014, but now this tool can be used for both 2014 and 2016. When FEATools V3.0 releases, this compatibility patch will not be necessary. However during that interim period, how to download and install this hotfix is detailed below:
To download this hotfix:
- Visit https://smartsupport.intergraph.com/ and click View Downloads.
- Then, select FEATools>Service Packs and Fixes> FEATools for CAESAR II.
- Download and extract the FEATools 2.0, DLL Switcher Hotfix (FEAToolsV2_CII2016.zip), which includes a PDF file containing instructions for download and installation.
After you have downloaded FEAToolsV2_CII2016.zip, Here’s the rest of the instructions on how to install.
- Unzip the zipped file to a new folder. The folder will be named Update-FEATools-V2 for CII2016.
- Inside this folder, copy the contents of the directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRG\ICAS2015. You should copy and replace the following items:
- FEATools V2 + CAESAR II Switcher.bat
- Make sure you are overwriting the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\PRG\ICAS2015, and not just placing the folder in that directory!
- To enable the switch for FEATools V2.0 to work with CAESAR II 2016, click on FEATools V2 + CAESAR II Switcher.bat.
- You will be greeted with a windows command prompt that asks the following:
- Would you like to use FEATools V2.0 with CAESAR II 2014 or CAESAR II 2016? Select (8) for CAESAR II 2016 or (7) for CAESAR II 2014:
- Press 8 on your keyboard to select 2016, and press enter. The next prompt should read:
- You are now ready to use FEATools V2.0 with CAESAR II 2016. Press any key to continue…
- Press any key to close the command prompt. That’s it! Now when you open up FEATools V2.0, the program will be compatible with a CAESAR II 2016 file type.
Note: The text of the FEATools CAESAR II Translator will still say 7.00 for the *.c2 file type selected. However, the program will work with a CAESAR II 2016 filetype (which is version 8.00).
Comments or concerns getting the compatibility patch to work? Contact support.ecedesign.com for assistance.