DIAGRAMS can connect independent AutoCAD drawing files when routes cross between them.
Many use DIRECTIONAL and BIDIRECTIONAL arrow symbols that represent the flow of media, information, signals, or hierarchy.
Connecting routes across drawings using DIAGRAMS Off-Page Connectors means those routes will share a single record in project databases despite crossing any number of drawings.
This results in the best possible reporting for Line List, Cables Schedules, and any others associated with routes.
- Off-Page Connector Block Guidelines
- Connector Symbol Insertion
- Join Connectors
- Unjoin Connector
- Project Manager Diagnostics Tool/li>
- One data record per route
- Manually control Equipment and off-page references….
- Middle Center justify attributes so Connector symbols…
- Using OSNAP (F3 default hotkey) will allow…
- Using ORTHOMODE (F8 default hotkey) will restrict the…
Off-Page Connectors have the following setup requirements in order to correctly insert and connect across drawings:
- Name: This will be the name of the Insertion Routine.
- Insert Type: There are two types.
Learn more from this help-desk solution article…..
DIAGRAMS, Drawing Connectors, setup, and configuration guidelines.