I loaded AutoCAD 2014 this week – usually I wait to Service Pack 1 but I decided to throw caution to the wind. After rebooting and starting AutoCAD 2014 once, I thought I would install the latest release of CADWorx on it. I already had a CADWorx 2014 Beta installed on AutoCAD 2013 so I uninstalled, rebooted and plugged in the CD. As soon as I hit the ‘next’ button in the CADWorx Installer I was greeted with the following screen:
After a bit of “Googling”, I found the AutoCAD 2014 Hotfix. The Description of the problem can be found HERE. It affects all Autodesk Verticals that use Custom Entities and all 3rd Party Applications that use Custom Entities including CADWorx 2014. The hot fix addresses an issue with the file open command failing when a drawing is opened that contains custom entities with embedded 3D solids. The hot-fix applies to the shipping versions of Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD 2014-based vertical products.
- The Description of the problem can be found HERE.
- The Readme file can be found HERE.
- The AutoCAD 2014 32 Bit Hot-fix is HERE.
- The AutoCAD 2014 64 Bit Hot-fix is HERE.
Installation Instructions – The installation requires the replacement of the acdb19.dll file in the Product Installation Folder. The default directory for AutoCAD is C:\Program
- Close AutoCAD 2014
- Download the correct Zip File based on your installation: 32 Bit or 64 Bit.
- For Windows 7 and 8 Users: Right-Click on the Zip File and press “Properties”. Ensure the file is not “Blocked”. If it is press “Unblock” and then Apply and close the properties window.
- Unzip the File.
- Navigate to the Product Installation Folder.
- Right-Click on the current acdb19.dll file and ensure it is version 220.127.116.11. If the file is a later version then the Hot-fix has already been installed and the remaining steps can be skipped.
- Right-click on the file to rename it to acdb19.bak
- Copy the new unzipped file into the Product Installation Folder
- Right-Click on the new acdb19.dll file and confirm it is version 18.104.22.168.1.
After I installed the Hot-fix, the CADWorx Installer recognized the fix and there were no more warnings upon installation!
Although I regret not just installing on AutoCAD 2013, I really do like the document tabs in AutoCAD 2014!