CAESAR II 2014 has been released and Updates have been requested for all ECE Customers. If you do not receive your update by the end of the week, please contact us!
The latest CAESAR II release delivers a number of significant new and extended capabilities in response to current market requirements, as well as direct feedback from the growing CAESAR II user community.
The following changes have been made to CAESAR II:
CAESAR II 2014, Version 7.00
CAESAR II Piping Code and Material Database Updates:
- Updated to support the 2012 Edition of the ASME B31.1 code. This work included material property updates.
- Updated to support the 2012 Edition of the ASME B31.3 code. This work included a new equation for calculating expansion stress cases with new SIF and index values.
- Updated to support the 2012 Edition of the ASME B31.8 code.
- Updated the ASME B31.8 code interpretation to use either of the two combined biaxial stress equations for restrained pipe, as referred to in Paragraph 833.4, instead of using the maximum of the two. You can specify this using the Yield Stress Criterion configuration setting in the SIFs and Stresses section of the Configuration Editor.
- Updated to support the 2013 Edition of the ASME B31.5 code.
- Updated to support the 2012 Edition of the EN 13480 code. This work included addressing bend pressure stiffening and changes to the longitudinal pressure stress equation, among other revisions.
- Updated the Material database, as required for piping code updates.
- Updated the flange rating for in-line flange checks per EN 1092-1:2013 and ANSI B16.5 2009.
- Added support for ANSI 16.5 2009 metric flange ratings.
- Added fatigue curves as indicated in the 2013 Edition of ASME Section VIII, Div. 2.
- Extended the content for the ASME B31.3 code update and B163 to 1400F.
CAESAR II Modeling and User Interface:
- Enabled quick global property changes (such as for temperature and pressure) from the Legend dialog box in the 3D model.
- Enhanced the Distance command to measure between two points in the 3D model without requiring the input of node numbers.
- Added a new Global menu in piping input, which includes the Block commands. These commands are also accessible through the Block Operations toolbar and the right-click context menu from the List>Elements dialog box.
- Enhanced the Structural Steel Wizard to display units for various input fields, added more tool bar icons, and enhanced input grid usability.
- Addressed graphics issues.
- Completed minor usability enhancements based on customer feedback.