The new CADWorx 2016 Installer provides an updated UI with improved user workflow and support for SCCM deployment – a user request for quite some time!
CADWorx 2016 Installation Instructions
Install CADWorx on the system hard drive using the setup.exe installation file located on the CADWorx product CD. The installation process is relatively simple. As you go through the installation process, the software prompts you for required information.
If Autorun is enabled, the setup procedure starts when you insert the CD into the CD- ROM drive. If the installation does not start automatically, double-click setup.exe and follow the prompts.
The installation is similar to most other Windows installations. The following information is required:
- What drive is used?
- Which version of AutoCAD does CADWorx use?
- Where will CADWorx be installed?
- Ensure you run AutoCAD once before installing CADWorx!
- When installing a new version of CADWorx the AutoCAD profile settings are reset. When updating to a new version of CADWorx the AutoCAD profile settings are not reset.
- You must have administrative level rights to run the installer launch. You must also have elevated privileges to run the silent install instructions.
Detailed Installation Instructions
You must have administrative level rights to run the installer launch. You must also have elevated privileges to run the silent install instructions.
To install CADWorx
- Insert the CD-ROM in the
- Click Start.
- Select Run, or type the information below in the Search programs and files
- In the command line type <CD-DRIVE>:\CADWorxSetup.exe, Alternatively, click Browse to locate CADWorxSetup.exe on the CD ROM drive.
- Click Start Setup.
- Type the user name in the User Name
- Type the company name in the Company Name
- Select the software required for
- Click each product name, except for Specification Editor, to expand each software selection, and then type the serial number provided by P&ID Basic does not require a serial number. You can only install either P&ID Professional or P&ID Basic.
- Select the version of AutoCAD with which to run
- Specify the license Select ESL (Network, Red), ESL (Local, Green), or SmartPlant License Manager (SPLM) in accordance with your company purchase. If you select SPLM, the software prompts you with a dialog box asking if an SPLM-based license machine is set up. Click Yes. The default license is SPLM.
- Type the location drive and folder in Install Path, or click Browse to navigate to a To use the default, click Next.
- Select the I agree to the license agreement and conditions check box, and then click Install.
- If the User Account Control dialog box displays, click Yes. During the installation process, a progress bar displays along with the status of the installation process. To view the readme, select the View Readme check box. The readme file displays after you click Finish.
- Click Finish.
- If you need to modify the license type after installation, you can re-run the installation process. Then, select Repair/Modify, choose Add or Remove Features, select the License Type, and then click Update. During the installation process, a progress bar displays along with the status of the installation process.
Detailed Silent Mode Installation
To perform a silent installation of the software, type the required command instructions on the command line. You must have administrative level rights to run the installer in silent mode. You must select Run as Administrator from the right-click menu.
[Root Directory]\CADWorxSetup.exe /install /silent /log “C:\SetupLog.log” USERNAME=”ECE” COMPANYNAME=”ECE” TARGETDIR=”C:\CADWorx 2016″ SLAACCEPT=”YES” LICENSE_TYPE_CHOSEN=”ESLGreen” ACAD_VERTICAL_VERSION=”ACAD|2016″ ADDLOCAL=”CORE_FEATURE,PLANT_FEATURE,PIDPRO_FEATURE” PLANT_SERIALNUM=”00000000000000″ PIDPRO_SERIALNUM=”00000000000000″
Ensure you are in the directory of the CADWorxSetup.exe file. All values must be typed with quotations.[table “” not found /]
Repair in Silent Mode
To perform a repair of the installation, you need to run the command prompt as an Administrator, and then type the pertinent command instructions on the command line.
[Root Directory]\CADWorxSetup.exe /repair /silent /log “C:\SetupLog.log”
Ensure you are in the directory of the CADWorxSetup.exe file.
Runs the repair of the installer.
Specifies that you are running a silent repair to the installation. With the silent repair to the installation, the installer dialog boxes do not display, and the repair runs in the background.
The repair functionality only repairs products or features that were already installed.
Enables you to start CADWorx in different versions of AutoCAD. You need to run the Setup_Profile utility with Administrator privileges.
- Select CADWorx: Enables you to select the version and product you want to run.
- CADWorx Version – Specifics the version of CADWorx you want to run.
- CADWorx Product Location – Specifies the location of the CADWorx installation for the product you select from the Product List.
- Product List – Specifies the product you want to run, such as Plant or P&ID.
- Select AutoCAD – Enables you to select the version of AutoCAD you want to run for the CADWorx version.
- AutoCAD Product Location – Specifies the location of the AutoCAD version selected in the AutoCAD Version List.
- AutoCAD Version List – Specifics the version of AutoCAD you want to run. Lists only available and supported versions of AutoCAD.
Launch CADWorx in a different version of AutoCAD
- Click OK. The CADWorx [Product] [Version] Profile Created message box displays.
- Select the AutoCAD version you want to run from the AutoCAD Version List. The software only lists supported versions of
- Click CADWorx Version, and then select a version from the – The installed CADWorx products display in the Product List.
- In your [Product Folder], right-click exe, and then select Run as administrator.
- Select one or more products from the Product List. When you select a CADWorx product, the Current AutoCAD for that product displays below the Product List.
- Click Yes.The CADWorx product launches in the selected version of AutoCAD.